Rohan and Harper8470 Main Street Suite AWilliamsville, NY 14221
The Pet Emergency Fund
The Pet Emergency Fund has been helping Western New Yorkers with their vet bills for over ten years. Please visit the Pet Emergency Fund website for more information or how you can help !
Who We Are
The Pet Emergency Fund is an animal assistance organization that helps defray the cost of emergency veterinary care for owners unable to meet the expense of the services.
- The Fund is designed to meet a need in the community that is currently not met by existing organizations.
- The Pet Emergency Fund was implemented by local veterinarians and is intended for a one-time intervention in a life-threatening situation for an otherwise healthy pet.
- The PEF is a 501(c)(3) not for profit organization.
- The PEF is funded solely by private donations.
- The PEF welcomes donations in order to continue this effort.
- Donation boxes and envelopes are available at all local veterinary hospitals.
Q: How old is the PEF?
A: The PEF is a 501c3 organization founded in 1999 by the Niagara Frontier Veterinary Society.
Q: Who is eligible to receive PEF assistance?
A: PEF funds are distributed to member hospitals in Erie and Niagara Counties. The fund is intended to be used to benefit the pets of Erie and Niagara Counties. Individual hospitals have their own accounts and funds in individual accounts are used at the discretion of those veterinarians.
Q: What hospitals have PEF accounts?
A: Nearly every NFVS hospital has an individual account. A list of NFVS hospitals can be found at http://www.nfvs.us.
Q: How are funds raised?
A: Funds are raised in a variety of ways. PEF's biggest fundraiser is the annual Run for Rover. PEF also receives proceeds from the purchase of Pawprint Memorials.
Each participating veterinary hospital has a donation box on display in the reception area. Contributions can be mailed in remittance envelopes available at hospitals to the PEF P.O. box. Contributions can also be made online. New York State employees can make contributions via the United Way.